Seoul is a shopping paradise for me! Here are a few of the things I bought.
Myeongdong – Cosmetics
My friends and I bought lots and lots of cosmetics when we were in Myeongdong.
1) Laneige Firming sleeping pack 50ml (30,000 won) & Laneige Water sleeping pack 80ml (25,000 won). Singapore selling at S$49 & S$45 respectively.
2) Innisfree, Korea’s No. 1 natural cosmetic brand will be launching its first flagship store in Singapore this November. I bought their Green Ginseng Scalp Tonic for 10,000 won.
3) I also bought the Faceshop Lip and eye remover. After trying their sample tester in Singapore, I felt that this make-up remover is very suitable for me as I have sensitive skin. It can even remove my waterproof mascara.
4) To compliment the make-up remover, I bought the Faceshop’s rice water cleanser. This cleanser doesn’t dry my skin and gives a milky feeling after rinsing off. I love it so much.
5) The Faceshop facial mist, could be used for travelling. Keeps the skin refreshed and moisturized. Costs 6,900 each
6) I couldn’t resist buying the Faceshop rose cushion blusher costs less than S$4!
7) Innisfree sunblock lotion (below) at 12,000 won. Once you apply it, effective results could be seen immediately. Your skin instantly turns fairer and moisturized.
8) Etude House Hello Kitty travel perfume makes a very cute gift to your friends. It is around 5 x 5cm in size and comes in 3 different fragrance. Costs around 5,000 won each. (pic below)
9) Assorted Masks from Innisfree, Missha, It’s Skin, Beyond, Faceshop and many others. Prices start from 1,000 won onwards.
Lotte Supermarket, Seoul – Food
1) Seaweed – You can find lots of it in the supermarket. It is one of the MUST BUY items in Korea. Don’t buy them at the airport or off the streets as it is more expensive. You can get it at a cheaper price in the supermarket.
2) Ramyeon (ramen) – Korean instant noodles. I bought the one in the picture (after some sample tasting from the makeshift counter). Definitely cheaper than what is found in Singapore.
3) Choco pie – This marshmallow-filled chocolate biscuit cake is one of my favorite snacks in Korea. You can find this in Singapore also, at a higher price.
4) Market O real brownie is another of my favorite snack. Each brownie is packed individually, making it a convenient gift to colleagues and friends.
5) Market O choco crispy compliments the real brownie. Also individually packed.
6) O’sulloc Wedding Green Tea – This is something that I cannot find in Singapore. It costs 15,000 won per box. Alternatively, you may visit the O’sulloc store at Myeongdong for more variety though the cost is the same.
Ehwa Women’s University / Hongdae – Accessories
1) Accessories – These can be found all over the streets of Ehwa, Hongdae and Dongdaemun. The prices are much cheaper in Ehwa Women’s University compared to Dongdaemun. Per necklace & earrings costs around 10,000 to 12,000 won.
It is difficult to find unique designs of such necklaces & earrings in Singapore, even if found, it costs around $20+ or more. I saw a pair of similar earrings in Singapore that costs $45.
2) Make up pouch/bag (18cm in length) – costs 5,900 to 6,900 won. I found exactly the same pouch for $29.90 in Singapore.
3) Cute paper clips (around 5cm in length) which I managed to find it along the streets of Hongdae. It makes a cute gift for friends. (3 for 5,000 won)
4) Handmade camera case which I found at one of the shops in Ehwa Women’s University. (5,000 won)
5) Korean fashion – Clothes, bags and shoes could be bought at these areas. Similar clothes and shoes could be found in Dongdaemun at a higher price, make sure you do your research in order not to get ripped off.