Home-made English scones go really well with jam or cream. It’s so easy to make some for a delicious teatime treat.
- SERVES: About 10 to 12 scones
- Bread Flour (135 grams)
- Cake flour (135 grams)
- Baking powder (18 grams)
- Icing sugar (40 grams)
- Salt (2 grams)
- Butter, cold and cut into small sizes (65 grams)
- Corn flour (65 grams)
- Milk (240 grams)
- Raisins or cranberries (optional) (35 grams)
- Egg (for egg wash)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and lined a baking tray
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the milk and raisins.
- Rub in the cold butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Then slowly add in the milk and continue mixing.
- Thereafter, add in the raisins or cranberries if you are using.
- Do not over mix the dough. The texture should be lumpy and not smooth. Otherwise, cracks would not appear on the scones.
- Flour the work surface and roll the dough to 8mm in thickness and cut into desired sizes with pastry cutter.
- Place them on the baking tray and brush them with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar and bake for 15 to 18 mins till it rises.