Korean rice rolls, a healthier option for dinner!
- SERVES: About 4 person
- PREP: about 1 Hour
- Toasted Seaweed (4 sheets)
- Korean rice
- Japanese Cucumber
- Pickled radish
- 3 eggs
- Beef Sausage (2 pcs)
- sesame oil
- garlic (1 pc)
- ground white pepper
- vegetable oil
- After rice is cooked and almost cooled, mix well with sesame oil and a pinch of salt.
- Stir fry sliced carrots lightly with a dash of salt, chopped garlic & ground white pepper.
- Whisk eggs until evenly yellow and fry into flat omelette with a little vegetable oil.
- Cut the omelette into long strips.
- Slice 2 sausages into 2 by the length and lightly fry sausages.
- Chop Japanese cucumber and pickled radish into long slices.
- Carefully wash the spinach and put into a pot of boiling water with half a teaspoon of salt. Boil for 30 seconds to 1 min.
- Using a bamboo sushi roller lay the dried seaweed shiny side down.
- Spread rice evenly onto 2/3 of the seaweed, leaving the top 1/3 bare (if you moisten your fingers or a spoon to pat down the rice, you’ll get less of a sticky mess). Take extra care not to moisten your fingers too much as it will cause the seaweed to be soggy.
- Lay the ingredients down around 1/2 of the way up from the bottom of the seaweed.
- Roll from the bottom (as if you’re rolling a sleeping bag), pressing down to make the fillings stay in.
- As you continue to roll, pull the whole thing down towards the end of the bamboo mat.
- Add a few pieces of rice along the top of the seaweed seam to hold the roll together.
- Set aside and continue with other seaweed sheets.
- Cut each roll into 7 – 8 pieces.