No Christmas party would be complete without some Gingerbread men cookies!
- SERVES: About 30 cookies
- PREP: 45mins (include chilling)
- BAKE: 20mins per batch (include cooling)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses or honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 – 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses/honey, egg and water. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until it’s easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to 3 or 4mm thickness. Cut with a 10cm cookie cutter. Place them about 3cm apart from each other on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps and repeat step 2.
- Bake at 170 °C for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm and light brown. Remove from oven to cool completely before decorating with icing as desired.
Here are the pictures during the baking~