When the weather is getting cold and we crave for a bowl hot soup, there’s nothing better than home cooked food.
Chicken Macaroni Soup Recipe
- SERVES: 4
- PREP: 30 mins
- COOK: 2 hrs 30 mins
- 500 grams chicken breast (skin removed)
- Chicken stock 1 cube
- Light sauce (1 teaspoon)
- A pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil (1 teaspoon)
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped into large cubes
- 2.5 litres water
- 4 servings macaroni (1/2 a packet)
- button mushrooms
- chicken balls (1 packet)
- fried onions (for garnish and add according to preference)
- Blanch chicken breast and carrots in a pot of boiling water, adding the chicken stock and 1 teaspoon of light sauce.
- Remove the chicken breast after half an hour of boiling; set aside the chicken.
- In the pot, continue to boil the carrots, adding mushrooms and chicken balls. Bring to boil (takes around 10mins on medium heat), reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. For best results, keep warm in thermal pot for a few hours.
- Put the macaroni in another pot of water and bring to boil, season to taste with salt and a teaspoon of oil. Boil for half an hour under medium heat.
- While waiting for the macaroni to boil, shred the chicken breast. Set aside.
- Drain the macaroni after it is cooked. Divide cooked macaroni, shredded chicken and blanched carrots, mushrooms & chicken balls & soup into 4 serving bowls.
- Garnish with fried onions in accordance to individual preference.